Identities and relationships
Who am I? Who are we?
Students will explore identity; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; what it means to be human.
Possible explorations to develop:
- Competition and cooperation; teams, affiliation and leadership
- Identity formation, self-esteem, status, roles and role models
- Personal efficacy and agency; attitudes, motivations, independence; happiness and the good life
- Physical, psychological and social development, transitions, health and well-being, lifestyle choices
- Human nature and human dignity, moral reasoning and ethical judgment, consciousness and mind