Orientation in space and time
What is the meaning of? where? and? when?
Students will explore personal histories; homes and journeys; turning points in humankind; discoveries; explorations and migrations of humankind; the relationships between, and the interconnectedness of, individuals and civilizations, from personal, local and global perspectives.
Possible explorations to develop:
- Civilizations and social histories, heritages; pilgrimage, migration, displacement and exchange
- Epochs, eras, turning points and 'big history'
- Scale, duration, frequency and variability
- Peoples, boundaries, exchange and interaction
- Natural and human landscapes and resources
- Evolution, constraints and adaptation