Personal and cultural expression
What is the nature and purpose of creative expression?
Students will explore the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetic.
Possible explorations to develop:
- Artistry, craft, creation, beauty
- Products, systems and institutions
- Social constructions of reality
- Philosophies and ways of life
- Belief systems
- Ritual and play
- Critical literacy, languages and linguistic systems
- Histories of ideas, fields and disciplines
- Analysis and argument
- Metacognition and abstract thinking
- Entrepreneurship, practice and competency