Scientific and technical innovation
How do we understand the worlds in which we live?
Students will explore the natural world and its laws; the interaction between people and the natural world; how humans use their understanding of scientific principles; the impact of scientific and technological advances on communities and environments; the impact of environments on human activity; how humans adapt environments to their needs.
Possible explorations to develop:
- systems, models, methods; products, processes and solutions
- adaptation, ingenuity and progress
- opportunity, risk, consequences and responsibility
- modernization, industrialization and engineering
- digital life, virtual environments and the information age
- the biological revolution
- mathematical puzzles, principles and discoveries