Globalization and sustainability
How is everything connected?
Students will explore the interconnectedness of human-made systems and communities; the relationship between local and global processes; how local experiences mediate the global; reflect on the opportunities and tensions provided by world-interconnectedness; the impact of decision-making on humankind and the environment.
Possible explorations to develop:
- markets, commodities and commercialization
- human impact on the environment
- commonality, diversity and interconnection
- consumption, conservation, natural
- resources and public goods
- population and demography
- urban planning, strategy and infrastructure